MIM 2016 Upgrade to MIM 2016 SP1 Fails on Second FIM Service Server

Weird one: the upgrade to SP1 on the first MIM Service server went OK (a few hiccups with a missing data type in SQL, but I was able to create those and the upgrade went fine).

However, the installation on the second MIM Service server failed with very little information of any use in the log file.

I decided to uninstall MIM and got an error that the web application at “http://mysite.mydomain.com” did not exist. Sure enough, that Alternate Access Mapping was missing in SharePoint Central Admin on the second MIM Service server’s SharePoint configuration. I stopped the uninstall, added the AAM and the SP1 Upgrade finished successfully.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s