SCSM 2012 Transform.Common fails at TransformEntityRelatesToEntityFact

I had the same problem as Carol and Enayathulla described in this post: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/systemcenter/en-US/096fd3e1-61fd-4101-a4e6-1de0c6c5ec4c/scsm-2012-transform-job-failing-in-datawarehouse?forum=systemcenterservicemanager and this script seems to have fixed it (at least for the moment):

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/mihai/resetting-and-running-the-service-manager-data-warehouse-jobs-separately/

Copying the script in case the link above goes away for some reason. But I recommend reading that post. It’s very informative.:

[CmdletBinding()]
Param(
[Parameter(Mandatory = $False)]
[String] $DWServer = “localhost”,
[Parameter(Mandatory = $False)]
[String] $ASServer = “localhost”,
[Parameter(Mandatory = $False)]
[String] $ASDBName = “DWASDatabase”,
[Parameter(Mandatory = $False)]
[int] $Wait = 10
)
$props = Get-ItemProperty “HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\System Center\2010\Common\Setup”
$instdir = $props.InstallDirectory
$dwpsd = $instdir + “Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Warehouse.Cmdlets.psd1”
Import-Module -Name $dwpsd
$JSList = Get-SCDWJobSchedule -ComputerName $DWServer;
$JList = Get-SCDWJob -ComputerName $DWServer;
function Run-DWJob([String]$DWServer, [String]$JobName) {
Write-Host “Enabling and running Job:” $JobName;
Enable-SCDWJob -ComputerName $DWServer -JobName $JobName;
Start-SCDWJob -ComputerName $DWServer -JobName $JobName;
$currentJobStatus = Get-SCDWJob -JobName $JobName -ComputerName $DWServer | Select Status
while($currentJobStatus.Status -eq “Running”) {
Start-Sleep -s $Wait
$currentJobStatus = Get-SCDWJob -JobName $JobName -ComputerName $DWServer | Select Status
$moduleList = Get-SCDWJobModule -JobName $JobName -ComputerName $DWServer
foreach($obj in $moduleList) {
if([String]::IsNullOrEmpty($obj.ModuleErrorSummary) -ne $true) {
Write-Host “There is no need to wait anymore for Job” $JobName “because there is an error in module” $obj.ModuleName “and the error is:” $obj.ModuleErrorSummary;
exit;
}
}
}
if($currentJobStatus.Status -ne “Not Started”) {
Write-Host “There is an error with” $JobName “and we will exit this – please inspect the status”;
exit;
}
}
foreach($obj in $JSList) {
Write-Host “Disabling Schedule for Job: ” $obj.Name;
Disable-SCDWJobSchedule -ComputerName $DWServer -JobName $obj.Name;
}
foreach($obj in $JList) {
Write-Host “Stoping and disabling Job: ” $obj.Name;
Stop-SCDWJob -ComputerName $DWServer -JobName $obj.Name;
Start-Sleep -s $Wait
Disable-SCDWJob -ComputerName $DWServer -JobName $obj.Name;
}
$maintenanceList = New-Object System.Collections.ArrayList;
$MPSyncList = New-Object System.Collections.ArrayList;
$extractList = New-Object System.Collections.ArrayList;
$transformList = New-Object System.Collections.ArrayList;
$loadList = New-Object System.Collections.ArrayList;
$cubeList = New-Object System.Collections.ArrayList;
foreach($obj in $JList) {
if($obj.Name -match “Extract”) {
$extractList.Add($obj.Name) | Out-Null;
} elseif($obj.Name -match “Transform”) {
$transformList.Add($obj.Name) | Out-Null;
} elseif($obj.Name -match “Load”) {
$loadList.Add($obj.Name) | Out-Null;
} elseif($obj.Name -match “Maintenance”) {
$maintenanceList.Add($obj.Name) | Out-Null;
} elseif($obj.Name -match “MPSync”) {
$MPSyncList.Add($obj.Name) | Out-Null;
} else {
$cubeList.Add($obj.Name) | Out-Null;
}
}
foreach($obj in $maintenanceList) {
Run-DWJob $DWServer $obj;
}
foreach($obj in $MPSyncList) {
Run-DWJob $DWServer $obj;
}
foreach($obj in $extractList) {
Run-DWJob $DWServer $obj;
}
foreach($obj in $transformList) {
Run-DWJob $DWServer $obj;
}
foreach($obj in $loadList) {
Run-DWJob $DWServer $obj;
}
foreach($obj in $cubeList) {
Run-DWJob $DWServer $obj;
}
[System.Reflection.Assembly]::LoadWithPartialName(“Microsoft.AnalysisServices”) | Out-Null;
$Server = New-Object Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Server;
$Server.Connect($ASServer);
$Databases = $Server.Databases;
$DWASDB = $Databases[$ASDBName];
$Dimensions = New-Object Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Dimension;
$Dimensions = $DWASDB.Dimensions;
foreach($dim in $Dimensions) {
Write-Host “Processing Cube Job” $Dim.Name;
$dim.Process(“ProcessFull”);
Start-Sleep -s $Wait;
}
foreach($obj in $JSList) {
Write-Host “Enabling Schedule for Job: ” $obj.Name;
Enable-SCDWJobSchedule -ComputerName $DWServer -JobName $obj.Name;
}
Write-Host “”;
Write-Host “FINISHED!”;

MIM 2016 Upgrade to SP1 Popups Stuck on Loading

After upgrading to MIM 2016 SP1, any client that had previously connected to the portal would get hanging popup pages where the spinner just kept going endlessly.

Thanks to some help at the FIM forum indicating that the popup.aspx page should be edited, I figured out a workaround for my site at least:

In the SharePoint 14 hive:

Keep in mind that updates to SharePoint or MIM could wipe all of these changes out.

 

MIM 2016 Upgrade to MIM 2016 SP1 Fails on Second FIM Service Server

Weird one: the upgrade to SP1 on the first MIM Service server went OK (a few hiccups with a missing data type in SQL, but I was able to create those and the upgrade went fine).

However, the installation on the second MIM Service server failed with very little information of any use in the log file.

I decided to uninstall MIM and got an error that the web application at “http://mysite.mydomain.com” did not exist. Sure enough, that Alternate Access Mapping was missing in SharePoint Central Admin on the second MIM Service server’s SharePoint configuration. I stopped the uninstall, added the AAM and the SP1 Upgrade finished successfully.