I am not a systems administrator, but my work sometimes requires me to have access to Active Directory Users and Computers (ADUC). I was on a new server and needed to gain access to this feature. Here’s how I did it:
1. Made sure the “Remote Server Administration Tools” were installed. (I actually did this by trying to install them and receiving an error “This update does not apply to your system”. Turns out they were already installed.
2. Opened Server Manager and selected “Features”.
3. “Add features”
4. Here’s where I got a bit stuck. When I went to “Remote Server Administration Tools”, there was no “Active Directory Users and Computers” option. After some hunting, I found it here:
– Role Administration Tools
– Active Directory Domain Services Tools
– Active Directory Domain Controller Tools
Hope this helps someone else!