More on global dll use

So, I updated my dll, but the projects that had called it weren’t recognizing the change.

Perplexed, I tried a bunch of stuff and finally decided to increase the Assembly version, which led to a web control working properly, but not my web parts.

Turns out the correct solution was to recompile the webparts–but first I removed the reference to the shared dll, re-added it as Local Only = False (I’d added them as true earlier.) and re-deployed.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/t1zz5y8c(VS.80).aspx is something I should have read days ago.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s