I was creating a new workflow and got an Access Denied error.
This post showed me how to trace the MPR that was blocking the request (http://www.identitychaos.com/2008/11/ilm-2-rc0-access-denied-when-adding…), but I couldn’t edit it. All of the form fields were diabled.
Turns out that although you can view the MPR details from the Search Requests and it looks like they are form fields, you can’t edit it from that page. So, I went to “Management Policy Rules” and edited the “”Administrators control configuration related resources” MPR from there.
And huge thanks to this post: http://c–shark.blogspot.com/2010/02/error-defining-activity-information… That access denied error was incredibly confusing.
I’m on my first cup of coffee on a Saturday after a huge launch effort, so maybe that’s why I got confused, but thought I would post in case it helps someone else just learning…