1. Open Group Policy Management from Administrative Tools.
2. Expand the tree until you find the domain you are using.
3. Expand the domain tree. (You may have to right click and select “Show domains” to see your domain.)
4. Select “Group Policy Objects”
5. Select “Default Domain Controllers Policy” and choose “Edit”.
6. In the new window that opens, navigate to: Computer Configuration–>Windows Settings–>Security Settings–>Local Policies
7. Select “Audit Account Management” and be sure both “Success” and “Failure” are selected for auditing.
You will have to reboot or wait about 15 minutes for the change to take effect.